TLPI Homelessness and Gender Equality Grant
Request for Proposal
Accepting Grant requests up to $3,000
TLPI is a group of Jewish high school students committed to learning about philanthropy through a Jewish perspective, cultivating our kindness and generosity through the donation of time and money. TLPI believes that the world stands on the Jewish values of כָּבוֹד Kavod (Respect), עֲבוֹדָה Avodah (Service), and גְּמִילוּת חֲסָדִים Gemilut Hasadim (Acts of Kindness). It is our responsibility to give back not only from a place of compassion, but because it is what is right.
This year, we will be funding projects in the Greater Hartford area that work to support gender equity in the face of homelessness. The Jewish people have a long history of displacement and wandering from one place to another, and we believe that it is our responsibility in our place of stability today to help others who are in less fortunate circumstances. We recognize that our society was founded on principles that hinder the ability of both homeless people and women to succeed, so we hope to fund a grant that can tackle one of these issues or their intersection.
- Looking to fund projects that work to combat homelessness, gender inequality and/or their intersection.
- Connecticut based organizations with priority given to impact in the greater Hartford area.
- 501(c)(3) not for profit organization
- Priority given to organizations that will have the greatest impact from donation.
- TLPI members will ask to meet with representatives of the applicant organization.
- All applicants will be notified of our decisions no later than June 1, 2022
Applications for the TLPI Homelessness and Gender Equality Grant can be submitted online by clicking here. Deadline to submit application is February 15, 2022.
Questions, contact TLPI teen Eliana Simmons at email@example.com.