JTConnect is looking for EDUCATORS to teach in their weekly learning programs, where teens continue their Jewish education, exploring all aspects of Judaism in a social and learning community. Classes, which range from Cooking Through the Torah to Jews in Sports to Medical Ethics, focus on specific areas of Jewish history, life and culture. Our classes are driven by our educators, who bring with them a wealth of Judaic knowledge, and the expertise & passion to make Jewish learning relevant to today’s Jewish teenager. JTConnect has four different year-long weekly learning programs that meet at four different locations in Greater Hartford.
Available teaching slots include:
• Sunday Mornings and Sunday Afternoons
• Flexible scheduling; teaching for full year or during select terms, at one or multiple locations
Our ideal candidate has:
• Relevant experience implementing creative Jewish educational programming (experience with service learning, summer camp, youth movement, Hillel and/or experiential education STRONGLY preferred)
• Experience with youth or teens is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• The ability to design and implement interactive and engaging lesson plans
JTConnect engages hundreds of teens from across the Greater Hartford community in fun, interactive and thought-provoking educational and social experiences grounded in Jewish learning and values. JTConnect gives teens the opportunity to continue their Jewish education in compelling and meaningful ways. Together, teens examine religion, history and traditions through innovative, hands-on programming that includes classroom study, volunteer projects and special events.