Associate Program Director
Are you a passionate, creative, and highly motivated individual who loves working with teens? Join our leadership team to make a difference in the community by inspiring the next generation of Jewish leaders!
JTConnect engages teens from across the Greater Hartford community in fun, interactive, and thought-provoking educational and social experiences grounded in Jewish learning and values.
JTConnect gives hundreds of teens the opportunity to continue their Jewish education in compelling and meaningful ways. Together, teens examine religion, history and traditions through innovative, hands-on programming that include classroom study, volunteer projects and special events.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Working in a leadership role in JTConnect’s year-long learning programs by serving as the point person, building relationships with teens, planning special programs, and teaching elective classes
- Coordinating JTConnect programs, including JTCares social action projects and JTCommunity – events, by working with our teens to plan impactful, fun, and dynamic experiences
- Recruiting students for year-long learning programs
- Mentoring teens and leading leadership trainings
- Maintaining strong partnerships with local synagogues and agencies through active participation in community-wide events
- Using metrics to track teen participation and evaluation of all JTConnect programming, maintaining a commitment to excellence
- Availability to work Sundays and 1-2 evenings per week
- 0-3 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant experience implementing creative Jewish educational programming (experience with service learning, summer camp, youth movement, Hillel and/or experiential education STRONGLY preferred)
- Experience with youth or teens is preferred
- Collaborative worker who sees the larger picture and is committed to pluralism in Jewish life with respect for the many ways Jews identify with the community
- Strong organizational skills and a creative, adaptable personal style
- A high degree of enthusiasm and a dynamic self-starter
- Excellent communication and computer skills, familiarity with social media and photo design software